SAN FRANCISCO–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Known for its relentless commitment to optimizing client experiences both online and instore, SEPHORA is introducing its newest digital endeavor, the BEAUTY INSIDER COMMUNITY. The loyalty member-only mobile and online platform, a first for the prestige retail industry, serves as a destination for beauty-lovers to find inspiration, ask questions and get recommendations in an unsponsored, real-time, “real talk” social setting. Designed to create a unified social experience for its ever-growing mobile-first client base, the SEPHORA Beauty Insider Community offers yet another way for clients to “Beauty Together.”
“As with any digital innovation that we bring to our clients, we look not only at how we can optimize our client’s online journey for a seamless on and offline experience, but also at how we can make our digital offerings truly essential, intuitive and fun to use,” said Mary Beth Laughton, SVP of Digital at SEPHORA. “For our Beauty Insider Community, we set out to take all the things that were working really well across our various digital platforms and combine them for a unified, mobile-friendly experience. Community is for those clients who crave a deeper level of beauty connection and inspiration from people just like her, whom she can trust.”
To fully engage in the Community, clients must be a member of Beauty Insider, SEPHORA’s complimentary loyalty program. This allows clients to reap even deeper benefits and perks through active participation, and to unlock new resources when shopping instore and online.
Community evolves and elevates SEPHORA’s current community properties – BeautyTalk, Beauty Board and Ratings & Reviews – with one cohesive experience within Sephora.com, the Sephora App for iOS and Android and mobile web. As part of the shift of all prior properties under Community’s holistic domain, the names of the original properties are updating as well to best reflect their purpose or offering.
THE IMMERSIVE COMMUNITY EXPERIENCE
- HOME BASE: The “Home” tab is the central destination for the new Beauty Insider Community. Here clients can build their custom public profile, navigate to preferred Groups, engage in relevant questions or conversations, browse looks and videos from other members and read reviews on recent purchases.
- PERSONALIZE IT: The “Profile” is where clients can display their personal interests, groups, looks, beauty characteristics, and other community content so they can easily connect with other members. From the profile, they can also review their recent purchases, get personalized product recommendations, promote links to their Instagram or YouTube pages, check updates on their Beauty Insider status, enroll in free Beauty Classes and revisit saved items.
- JOIN A BEAUTY GROUP: The “Groups” tab (previously “BeautyTalk”) features dozens of themed groups where clients can discover content tailored to their individual interests and connect with like-minded members. Groups range in topics from common skincare interests and concerns such as “Sensitive Skin”, “Makeup is Life” or “Play! by SEPHORA” where members can discover more about the monthly subscription beauty box and share their favorite discoveries.
- TALK ABOUT IT: The “Conversations” tab is made up of a list of active beauty topics that allow clients to trade beauty tips in real-time, network with like-minded people or search popular conversations.
- GET INSPIRED: “Gallery” (previously “Beauty Board”) is an interactive photo wall where members can “see and be seen.” Here clients can post and browse looks and videos from members complete with product recommendations. For those looking for a specific look, clients can now filter Looks according to Group topics.
To better connect clients to people with similar interests, product preferences or personal characteristics, Beauty Insider Community is introducing a new feature called “Beauty Matches,” which filters photos and reviews by people who share similar beauty traits.
Additionally, launching August 22, Beauty Insider Community members will also have the unique advantage of getting real-time input on products they are considering before moving forward with their purchase. On each product page, members will find a “Live Community Chat” where they can ask a question pointed at fellow SEPHORA shoppers to help validate their decision before checkout.
SEPHORA Beauty Insider Community will be accessible on the Sephora App for iOS and Android, and mobile web. To sign up for Beauty Insider and explore Community, visit: https://www.sephora.com/community
Sephora is a leader in global prestige retail, teaching and inspiring clients to play in a world of beauty. Sephora has earned its reputation with its expertise, innovation, and entrepreneurial spirit, and has been a pioneer in an unbiased approach to experiential retail since its debut in Paris in the early 1970’s. A year after its acquisition by luxury group LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton in 1997, Sephora expanded to North America with a revolutionary store model that broke the beauty experience mold, and continues to evolve today. Now with more than 430 stores in the Americas—including US, Canada, Mexico, and Brazil—and over 600 inside JCPenney, Sephora has become a leading international beauty destination with over 2,300 locations in 33 countries, plus an award-winning website, and intuitive mobile apps. At Sephora, whether beauty is an obsession or part of a routine, clients have the opportunity to play with 14,000 products from 200 carefully curated brands, featuring indie darlings, emerging favorites, trusted classics, and Sephora’s own, SEPHORA COLLECTION. In store, the client can access personalized recommendations at the Beauty Studio through interactive technology like the IQ systems, and garner a new look with makeovers, complimentary classes, hands-on events, and one-on-one consultations, all assisted by Sephora’s expertly trained beauty advisors who offer unbiased advice on every brand, in every beauty category. Online clients interact with an inclusive beauty community on the award-winning Beauty Board, interactive Beauty Talk, and through social media @Sephora. On their mobile device, clients can get inspired to try new looks through groundbreaking digital innovations, like Sephora Virtual Artist, and access one-of-a-kind, mobile-first experiences, like The Beauty Uncomplicator and Swipe It Shop It. And Sephora Beauty Insider clients feed their beauty addiction with unique rewards and customized on-of-a-kind experiences. Sephora offers endless ways to explore beauty. With Sephora Stands, Sephora’s multi-pronged social impact program, the retailer continues to support its community and its people via Sephora Accelerate, Classes for Confidence and Sephora Stands Together. For the latest, visit Sephora.com